A cavity or gum disease left untreated can worsen and lead to bad breath. In this case, chronic bad breath is more than just an embarrassing condition – it may be hazardous to your health! If The Royal Oak team determines that your breath problem stems from a tooth or gum infection, the bad breath should subside with proper dental treatment.
Contact us to schedule a visit to address your bad breath issue, especially if it is coupled with additional symptoms of teeth or gum problems such as tissue swelling, redness, or tooth pain.
Bad Breath Treatments to Try at Home
Bad breath treatment may be as simple as:
- Changing your diet to include more fruits and vegetables
- Drinking more water
- Switching out your toothbrush more often
- Increasing your brushing and flossing frequency
- Integrating tongue cleaning with your daily brushing
- Avoiding garlic and other strong foods
- Avoiding alcohol-based mouthwash
Discuss your chronic bad breath problem with one of our doctors. Contact our Raleigh, Cary, Chapel Hill or Siler City Dental office today for a personal breath treatment consultation.