Meet Dr. J. Steven Baker
Cosmetic and family dentist, Dr. J. Steven Baker joins a team of dental professionals who have received top training with the most modern dental techniques and equipment. He is part of a high-quality Raleigh, NC cosmetic and family dentistry practice where patient care is the focus and everyone is equally dedicated to your dental health. As our guest, you will be treated with respect and you will always receive honest answers and experienced advice.
Dr. Baker’s Dental Training & Background
- He is a Raleigh native and attended Our Lady of Lourdes School
- He then went to Cardinal Gibbons and Sanderson High School in 1972
- In October 1968 he became an Eagle scout with Troop 300 in Raleigh
- For his B.S. in Zoology, he attended North Carolina State University and graduated in 1976.
- In 1984 he graduated from the University of North Carolina School of Dentistry.
- He started his dental practice in August 1984.
- In 1984 he also became Adjunct Professor at the University of North Carolina Dental School.
Advanced Dental Training at the Las Vegas Institute (LVI)
Dr. Baker began this intensive post-doctorate training at LVI in August, 2005. At LVI he has received theoretical and hands-on training in many cosmetic dental procedures:
- Core I – Advanced Functional Restorative Dentistry
- Core II – Advanced Functional Aesthetics
- Core III – Advanced Adhesive Aesthetic Dentistry: Practical Science, Predictable Techniques
- Core IV – Advanced Occlusal and Restorative Principles
- Core V – Comprehensive Aesthetic Reconstruction Program
- Core VI – Coronoplasty and Case Finishing
- Core VII – Full Mouth Reconstruction
- Art of Direct Resin
- Scan Interpretation
- Endodontic Root Camp
- Advanced Clinical
- Advanced clinical and practice applications
- Implant placement-100 hours through Implant Seminars
- 3D implant treatment planning
Dr. Baker is one of only a few dentists in North Carolina with this level of advanced dental training from LVI, receiving his fellowship in March 2009. Additionally, he is one of a select few in the world that has finished all 7 level courses.
Get to Know Dr. Baker
Dr. Baker married wife Donna on July 31, 1993, and they now have two grown children, Ashley and Courtney. They also have two granchildren, Alivia and Aaden. They enjoy spending time with friends and family and time at the beach.
Dr. Baker is an Eagle Scout and past Scout Master and continues his support of the Boy Scouts of America as an advisor. An avid record collector, Dr. Baker is an eight-time President of the Association of Beach and Shag Club DJ’s and is a member of the Beach Music DJ Hall of Fame. He also enjoys fitness, gardening and motorcycling.